Thursday, November 20, 2008

Death of A Freshman Writer

I know I am a good writer, otherwise, you wouldn't be reading this. I will not stop writing. Just stop writing for the newspaper. I have sent in my last article for the paper. What is the point if all I do is waste my time and never get published. Editors aren't supposed to write articles- conflict of interest. Well, I looked through the paper that came out yesterday, guess what! ALL EDITORS! One contributer. When you beg for people to write for the paper almost daily on the PA system, but don't publish ANY freshman articles, how seriesously are we supposed to take you? I have quit writing for the newspaper. It won't make a difference on my resume, and it is just like homework-where you can't put ANY of your own thoughts into it.
On a lighter note, we have a half day tomorrow, and the funny part is, I have study halls for 1/2 the time at school. Or is that 1/4 of the time? I don't know. I have 2/4 of the 4 classes I have tomorrow are study halls. SWEET. With nothing to do, not much.
~Rayanna~

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry you quit the paper bc they are being biased and not publishing freshman stuff. That sucks.

Rayanna said...

Yeah, well, their loss.

Gilda's person said...

You don't want to go into the publishing business anyway. It's dieing. Trust me I work there.