Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Tryouts

Tryouts were today. Well, they were yesterday, today, and tomorrow, but I went today. There were four parts- Dance, Waiting, singing and acting.
The dance part was fun, I missed a step- my partner missed 6, the second time when we did the dance, I was perfect, my partner was... better. I don't mean to sound cocky, but I just got back from the tryouts.
Waiting- was not so great, after the dancing session, we had to get numbers- I was 46. With 10 minutes per person, it took like 5 hours. During that time I practiced, practiced, and practiced. I was pretty confident. In the play, Freshman almost NEVER make it, but that is the play. In the musical, Freshman are rare.
Singing- was exciting. It was all by my self. I walked in, handed my audition sheet where the director marks that he thinks etc. I set down my script, stood on the sticker marked on the floor and sang my heart out- for 2 minutes. I was amazed at how good I was doing, I hadn't sung out loud in a while. I was SURE I was gonna mess up. Just then, he stoped me. "Fantastic! We're done." He bellowed excitedly to me. I know it wasn't out of exhaustion from watching 45 other kids in front of me because of the look on the his face! When I was done, Mrs. Story left for a quick minute and the director asked me how I was doing. I felt like he was asking me what my name is- and I couldn't remember. I thought of saying the first thing on my mind- nerve racked with his replies. I couldn't say that! I said excited, which I was, and he seemed pleased.
Acting- They brought a very not cute senior actor in and we did our lines. I did well, even great, better than I had expected. In the rush with my song, I kinda forgot to Epractice my lines! Oops! When we were done, I shook his hand and wished them a good night and left.
I was extatic! A FRESHMAN walked in and got a FANTASTIC!! That freshman was ME!!! OMG! Mommy picked me up, and I explained. Call backs are soon, I don't really know when. If not the part of Ellie, I think I got a part. I hope!
Rayanna

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Awesome! Whoo hoo!

Rayanna said...

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY YAY!