Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Pay for a house, get a city

When I first saw this picture, I thought it looked like a flyover view of a city.

What this really is are the forms for our basement walls. They were delivered this morning. I'm a little disappointed that they didn't set them up this afternoon, but Marianne said she saw a Water & Sewer Truck there this afternoon, so maybe they had to wait for an inspection of the sewer rough-in (the blue pipe in the picture).

On the bright side, we already have our first window.

It's not installed yet, obviously, but this is our egress window. Hey, I guess it's that much less cement they'll have to pour.

By my memory, which is flawless (it's the recall I have trouble with), this puts us a couple days behind schedule. I'm hoping tomorrow they put up the forms and pour the walls. I figure the time consuming part is the forms. Once those are up, how long can it take to pour cement? I guess these are the trials and tribulations of building a house.

I'm hoping the rest of this week, they pour the basement walls and take down the forms. We'll see where we are on the schedule when we talk to Trent, the project manager, on Friday.