Monday, December 29, 2008

Some Assembly Required

It's official! We really have a house, right now, as I type this.



As the title of the post says, some assembly is yet required. What you see are all of the components of our house. The bundle on the left (with the yellow-edged boards) is our walls. The bundle on the right and further back (with the green-edged boards) are our roof trusses. We even have windows.



That's the good news. Aside from delivering our house, that appears to be everything they did today. They haven't braced the basement walls for back-fill so, of course, they haven't back-filled. They also haven't put in our 2nd egress window yet. I'm hoping tomorrow they put in our egress window, brace the basement walls for back-fill, get it inspected, and back fill. I know I don't ask for much, do I?

On the brighter side, it looks like they broke ground on another house. I'm pretty sure it is the house of another couple that we have met during this adventure. If I can believe the time lines, it looks like we will have new neighbors about 3 weeks after we move in.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

some assembly required-lol!

Anonymous said...

Oh good, your site is back up. I don't know if it was my end or your end but the other day your blog was just showing up blank! Scary! See you guys this weekend!