Monday, September 15, 2008

Mondays are HORRIBLE!

Mondays have always been bad. You want to sleep in, you don't want to go to school/work. But you have too. It has been debated to have four day weekends, which they are doing in Monroe County. But you still feel like it's just like Monday worse. They are the WORST day of the week, they always have been, they always will be, that's just how it is. Friday, the whole house slept in so we were late to school, my flip-flop broke in the middle of 5th period, and even though my dad was working from home, I wasn't gonna make him come bring me a pair of shoes for half the day. So, I walked around with one shoe off, and one on. When asked the question "Why don't you just take off your other shoe?" I would reply "Because, it's against the rules to go barefoot through the school, so I figure if I wear one of the shoes, I am breaking the rules, but I am not breaking the rules." Then they either walk away completely confused, or think I am a lunatic, either way, they walked away. My feet didn't get stepped on, and I didn't get glass in my foot from the walk home because my dad came to pick me up from the bus stop. *Thank you Daddy!* I doubted it could get any worse than that. Today, (Monday) the morning was great, fantastic, I had my homework done, I had two study halls, I got my homework done, I studied for upcoming tests, etc. Mrs. Story made me laugh, all was great. My best friend and I sat in the back so that I could study for the tests I had after lunch, all was great. I went to AP World History, Quiz #1. It was fairly easy, I don't think I failed, but I don't expect a 100. Pretty fair. I didn't get that much homework. Nice and Easy. Then Algebra, I have never been to FANTASTIC at math as I have say, Social Studies, but enough to get me an upper A+ and a smile on my face. Good enough, until Quiz #2. The questions were on stuff we barely knew/remembered, she teaches us like kindergartners instead of freshmen, confusing us. I had 3 or 4 questions left when the bell rang. No big deal, it was all done. I got the first two in a minute. The last two took a little more. She told me to just pick one! That it wouldn't matter, she was pushing me, stressing me out. I was about to cry. I stayed after for like two minutes. NO BIG DEAL. I grabbed the last thing I needed out of my locker and left for the bus. It had left! I walked into the Main Office and politely asked if they could ask one bus to come back on their way out. My bus does, but they said they couldn't do it. I knew they could, but they were to lazy to pick up the phone. I was really gonna cry. My best friend texted me "Where are you? Did you stay after?" She rides my bus and she was worried. I called my dad. He couldn't do anything, and I knew he couldn't. I needed his comfort. I decided to walk all the way to the Middle School with my sore feet and back. I watched my brother warm up. I was bored. I didn't want to be at school, I was to stressed out. I was gonna kill somebody. I needed to get out. My mom called me and asked what had happened and if I wanted my grandfather to pick me up. I didn't want to inconvenience him, so I put my phone away. I was bored. I called her back. She called him, he picked me up, I did my homework, and for the FIRST time since the last day of summer, I had "free time" on a week day! MAGIC! I think my AP teacher gave us too much homework to see if anyone would crack and leave the class before we really got anywhere. I don't know, just another day in a busy High school freshman girl's life. ~Rayanna~

No comments: