Saturday, September 6, 2008

High School Movies

Now being in high school, I watch high school related movies, like I always have. But now, I realize, that high school is NOT really like that. For example the movie Matilda, it came out when I was going into 3rd grade. In the school I go to, the Kindergarten- 5th grade classes are all in the same building in different parts, and if you were in 1st grade, you NEVER went into the next two zones, not even for lunch. I saw this movie, and I was suddenly terrified of going into a different part of the school because the principal would be mean to me... I was fine. I went to school, and I lived. It was exactly the same, except the teachers and the material being covered. Then I watched Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen then I worried about how the kids would act in Middle School. Again, I was fine. Those movies are different because they came out in the summers before the following grade, however, the next one didn't. Now I am in the last new school before I graduate and I have already started high school. Now to my point... last night we watched Drillbit Taylor cute movie, weird, but cute. There were kids shoved into lockers, kids beaten up, ... etc. and this was me in the whole movie "WHERE THE HECK is this principal??" In the whole movie, you only get to see him ONCE!!! I saw my Principal at LEAST 89 times the 1st and 2nd days of schools, fixing things that kids have done, like getting into fights, etc. I realized that high school is NEVER like this!
I wonder what movie will come out when I'm about to go to college....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to know high schools aren't like the movies you see! I think schools have changed a lot in terms of security and chaperoning/maintaining the hallways. It wasn't until I was halfway through high school that they actually hired someone specifically to maintain the hallways. I wonder if it's increased violence or paranoia, or both that have made it this way.

When I was going into high school I was so scared that I was going to get beat up on "Freshman Fridays" by the upper classmen. Of course, I had two older brothers that thought it was funny to tell me such lies and watch me get nervous the summer before high school! Turns out what they told me was not true, just something they did to entertain themselves! Aren't you lucky to be the oldest?!

Rayanna said...

YEP! That way I could...but won't do the same to him....However, I do have to drive him places once I get my licence! BOO!