Sunday, July 27, 2008

Upgrades

Rayanna was very patient while we sat at Ryan homes for three hours. She never ceases to amaze me. She was definitely more patient than I. John did most of the preliminary work. Man, am I thankful for that! I more or less got to sit there and cringe. I believe I now have a few more wrinkles.

We now will have nine foot ceilings, taller cupbaords, a two foot wider garage with an external garage door, ceiling fan in the master bedroom, an egress window in the basement, an 8x4 front porch with columns, laundry room on the second floor, an extra window so I can see the woods better, a couple more outlets, full bath rough-in for the basement, upgraded master shower, and a white vanity for the kids bath. It doesn't sound like much. After reading Rayanna's post, I smiled. The window was one of the cheapest things. We are at $10,000 in upgrades...just like that.

To add insult to injury, the security system guy called while we were there. Believe it or not, that was reasonable. If we owe you money, you should have called Saturday. Apparently, we were handing it out.

At the end of our meeting, she tells us we need to meet with the woman for flooring and picking out cabinets. At this point, I am thinking we get slippers so we don't get slivers and skip all the flooring. Of course, Ryan homes in their ultimate wisdom on upgrade pricing and not passing their "bulk pricing" on to the customers would probably gives us $20 back. Well I guess that won't even cover the cost of the slippers.

No comments: