Saturday, July 26, 2008

The Saga of Building a House (cont.)

Today was the day. Today we had to make up exactly what we wanted in our house NOW to be set in stone (not literally). It was the first time I realized that everything costs money nowadays! Holy Gs! I mean really, if we put a window in, won't that save YOU money? You spend money on the tons of hours in labor, wood for the structure, the insulation, the siding, and the possible fixtures(electric sockets, lights, etc.), but instead, for you to just pay for the labor, the wood, and the glass for that section of the house and WE have to pay you $500 per window?!? I don't get it, I really don't and that's just the beginning of it! This is why there are so many homeless people out on the street! PLUS they buy everything in bulk, so really they probably spent a total of $100 on the glass and wood. Then there are the complaints about the housing market going up, telling you that it's harder to sell your home then to buy one! I don't get it!
~Rayanna~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I've heard similar horror stories of building a house....y'all are in for a looooooooooooong ride! Good thing you started a blog!