Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Movie Review *Not a Spoiler*

This past weekend I went out with one of my best girlfriends to see the new movie, Journey to the Center of the Earth. This was one of the best movies I have seen in the theaters in a long time. I thought that it was a cross of Jurassic Park, Bridge to Terabithia, with a Zathura: A Space Adventure twist. I give this movie a 5 star rating.

Journey to the Center of the Earth, was written by Jules Verne in the late 19th century. This novel, and latter screenplay is written about a man beleiving every word Verne wrote in the novel, and that there was a "world within the world." Ten year after his brother's disappearence, Trevor's sister-in-law drops off the last bit of her husband's belongings. Then, Trevor and his nephew set off on a journey to find thier brother and father. On the journey, Trevor's teenage nephew learns what the father he had never met was really like when they find his belongings in "the world within the world" and uncle and nephew become closer than ever.

This movie is an excellent one for the whole family to fall in love with especially at it's PG rating.

-Rayanna-

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ranney! Look at you! A "blogger"! Don't you love it? I can't wait for us to go see Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2...(I think Josh is probably more excited than we are! Ha!)

Rayanna said...

Haha! No, I just finnished the 2nd book in a day in a half! I am WAAAYY more excited!! Haha! It comes out the 6th