Saturday, February 21, 2009

Day 73

According to the original build schedule, we should be having our pre-closing walk-through next Friday. The house itself may be done, but the sewer connections are another story. They have a whole lot of work to do and I don't think that they are going to have it done by next weekend. Consequently, our closing may be put off until late March. That really sucks because we planned to use most of March to paint and get the house ready to move in. Now, it looks like we may have to move everything in pretty short order then work around it to get things painted.

But, on to happier things....

Things don't look a whole lot different outside than they did last week, so I will share pics of what the house looks like on the inside.

Last Saturday (Valentine's Day), the carpenters were in to install the kitchen cabinets:

They didn't put in the counter top because the wrong one was delivered. The correct one was delivered later in the week and should go in this coming week.

The carpenters also installed the bathroom vanities,


doors,


and banisters.


The plumber came in during the week to install the toilets, sinks, and faucets.

This is the sink and mirror in the powder room.

The electrician was also in during the week to install lights and outlets.

These are the lights over the sink in the master bathroom.

The mason was also in to pour our porch.

The forms are still on it, but boy, does it cut down the step into the front door. Then again, the step up from the ground is a bit of a hike. I'm hoping they fix that.

It has been a very productive week. They delivered the correct kitchen counter as well as the stove and dishwasher. I would include pictures of those, but I don't think you want to see pictures of 2 different size cardboard boxes.

This coming week should see the rest of our lights and outlets go in. They should be installing our kitchen counter, range, and dishwasher. There are also several problems that need to be fixed, but they should be fixing those sooner rather than later.

That's about all I have for my (apparently weekly) update. I will let you know more later in the week. It will probably be next weekend.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looking good!

Pete, Pixie, Piper, and Pennys People said...

Only if you don't look too close. ;-)

Rayanna said...

It would be easier to update this blog if they hadn't banned us from our own house!

Unknown said...

Hi,

My name is Ram and I stumbled upon your blog when searching for Bainbridge pictures. We are building a Bainbridge model in Ohio from Ryan Homes. We are thinking about choosing second floor laundry option. Could you please any pictures that you might have of the laundry room with a closed foyer.

Thanks
Ram

Pete, Pixie, Piper, and Pennys People said...

I just looked through all of my pics and realized I don't really have anything of the foyer. I will get some pics today or tomorrow and update the blog shortly after. The 3rd pic on this post is of the master bedroom (left) and laundry room (right). We were afraid closing the foyer would make things feel boxed in, but it really doesn't. Then again, we went with 9' ceilings. That allows the taller kitchen cupboards, which are a really inexpensive upgrade. It also gives you transom windows over the front door and the rear sliding glass door. All in all, we are glad we went with the 9' ceilings and would recommend them to anyone. If you reply, let me know what other models you are considering and I would be happy to offer my input, if you would like.

Unknown said...

Thanks a lot for the reply. We have pretty much settled on Bainbridge (lot size constraints) and signed a contract 8 days ago. We have 2 days to decide whether 2nd floor laundry or a open foyer. We are also going with 9' ceilings, 2' ext, morning room, and bonus room (less $/sq.ft).

My wife likes 2nd floor laundry and I am little concerned how it would look like without a foyer and too many rooms on the 2nd floor.

I would really appreciate, if you could share some pictures. If it is easier to email rather than updating blog, my email address is kalagara@hotmail.com.

Thanks again
Ram